Ukraine’s professional event for the berry business – the 7th International Conference «Berries of Ukraine-2016. Frozen Produce & Fresh Market» – started its work on May 19 in Cherkasy, Ukraine.
More than 130 delegates from 10 countries participated in the conference. The event traditionally offered two-day business program: conference sessions on May 19, and a business-tour to Adana-3 on May 20.
The conference sessions was dedicated to the following subjects:
• The Ukrainian berry production and price forecast for the year 2016
• Fresh and frozen berry export potential
• Promising export markets for berries in 2016
• Berry production technologies in Ukraine: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, gooseberries, honeysuckles, currants, blackberries
• Agrichemistry support in berry production
• Investments in the berry business: most attractive positions
• Deep freezing of berries in Ukraine: present situation and development prospects
• Machinery for the berry business
• Modern berry handling, packaging and processing technologies in Ukraine
• Key sales channels for fresh and frozen berries: retail sector, wholesale markets, processing, exports etc.
PIB FoodTechLink Ukraine participated at the conference during both days.